The Jiffy-7® pellet: fine netting is filled with high-quality substrate and then compressed to form a handy pellet. Just add water, and the little planting wonder grows to up to seven times its size in a few moments. It is held together by fine netting, ensuring optimum air/water exchange. The pellets have a pH of approximately 5.3
Jiffy Pellets (clone plugs) are designed to facilitate the propagation of plants and are the ultimate container and substrate in one. Made from RHP certified cocopeat encapsulated in a biodegradable netting, Jiffy pellets provide world class substrate that is pre-prepared, easy to handle and has great rooting capability.
How it works:
1. Put the pellets in the planting tray.
2. Soak the pellets with lukewarm water, pour off any excess water.
3. Sow seeds or stick cuttings and position the tray in a bright place.
4. When the seeds are sprouting, turn the cover slightly for air circulation.
5. When the seeds have sprouted, take the cover off.
6. Avoid frost.
7. Gradually expose to the sun.
8. Never over water or let them dry out.
9. Water thoroughly.
10. Refill water when required.
11. To protect the sensitive roots, cover the Jiffy 7® completely in the flower bed or flowerpot when planting.
12. Cover with soil.